The Innovative Health Alliance of New York (IHANY) is a participant in the Medicare Shared Savings Plan (MSSP) program. In order to perform effectively in this program, IHANY needs to assess the readiness of organizations that have joined the MSSP for participation year 2016.
In addition, optimization of documentation processes and implementation of workflows to increase data capture of the clinical data associated with each of the 18 GPRO clinical quality measures will be required in order to maximize measure performance for all participating organizations.
At a Glance
IHANY- GRPO Readiness Assessment & Optimization Services
- MSSP participants are requited to submit quality metrics data to CMS each year of program participation
- IHANY engaged MAeHC to assist them with assessing the readiness of organizations that joined the MSSP for participation year 2016
- MAeHC developed an optimization plan to assist the practices in increasing the data capture of the clinical data associated with each of the 18 GPRO clinical quality measures
Project currently on track
- MAeHC conducted practice readiness assessments for each of the participating IHANY organizations targeted to identify gaps in the capture of necessary clinical data elements for each ACO clinical measure. The readiness assessments focused on the following areas:
- EHR assessment – presence of structured data elements, system configuration, system reporting capabilities
- Workflow & processes – documentation patterns, transition of care workflows, quality improvement activities
- Key trading partners & data sharing – Referral patterns, ancillary service providers, HIE connectivity and utilization
- MAeHC completed the subsequent gap analysis and remediation recommendations to assist IHANY in prioritizing areas of remediation for each participating organization
- MAeHC developed and provided an optimization plan for each organization that focused on standardization of workflows and processes, population management activities & data-sharing between key-trading partners.
- MAeHC also worked with each organization to ensure the necessary EHR configurations were made to address gaps in capturing the data elements for the 18 GPRO clinical quality measures