Preparing You for Success in Quality and Value-Based Reporting
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) required the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), by law, to implement an incentive program, referred to as the Quality Payment Program (QPP), that provides two participation tracks:
Both tracks are designed to maximize the value of care for patients while creating a simpler, sustainable healthcare system. Goals include:
- Improve the patient experience of care through patient engagement activities such as the use of patient portals
- Improve the health of patients through care coordination efforts and utilization of population management tools
- Reduce overall healthcare expenditures through better communication pathways that track outcomes and measured improvements
Under this program, performance counts. High performers can maximize their Medicare Part B reimbursements, while those who choose not to participate or perform poorly can be penalized up to 9%!
Quality reporting is complex, but don't let that overwhelm you. As rules and regulations are continually updated it’s burdensome to stay abreast of the ever-changing requirements. MAeHC’s QPP Advisors stay up-to-date with the latest CMS regulations and help your organization successfully comply with QPP objectives.
Clinicians and practices are often limited by manpower and know how. They are not able to devote the time to research and develop workflows or have the time to work with their vendor. This is where MAeHC can help! The MAeHC team recognizes that practices are more satisfied when they see a return on their investment. We can help shift perspectives from “checking the box” to understanding the larger benefit of the goals of the program.
- Provide Program Education
- Quality measure selection and alignment with other program initiatives
- Analyze and Monitor Performance for Continuous Improvement
- Redesign workflow to optimize technology
- Policy and Procedure Review and Development
- Attestation and Submission Assistance